RSS Feed – a technical tool for you
Open Internet Explorer (IE).
1. Go to the site with the RSS Feed. In our case we’ll be going to:
2. In the top of the IE toolbar you’ll notice the orange “RSS” logo I was talking about earlier. Click the logo.
3. An HTML preview of the feed you are going to subscribe to now appears. Click the Subscribe to this Feed link.
4. A pop-up window will appear. Click Subscribe and that’s it!
Now Internet Explorer will be notified when new blog posts are available for you to read. To see if there is anything new to read, follow the steps below.
1. If Internet Explorer is already open, click on the star or Favorites Center at the top left of your screen.
2. Click Feeds.
3. The CM’s Blog will be listed there and will be bold if new information is available.
Personally, I love using Outlook 2007 as a reader. I just find it easier to get my RSS feeds in email form vs. having to open up Internet Explorer. The nice thing is if you have setup the feed through IE it appears in Outlook automatically. I love things that are automatic and easy.
So now that you have setup your first RSS feed with CM’s and know how RSS feeds work, have some fun with it. Go to some of your other favorite sites and subscribe there as well!
Remember how I mentioned, customer service enhancements? Add the following link to your favorites and enjoy the ease of paying your bill online at: https://www.intuitbillpay.com/cmscustomlawn